Following up is key to growing your business. “The fortune is in the followup” is the saying. It’s so true.
No matter your intentions, no matter how many people you know, it’s going to take multiple conversations with people to help them learn the value of what you offer and decide to get started. That’s a good thing, it means they’re taking you seriously. It’s a process. You’re building relationships.
When you talk to someone, online or in a store, write it down – just like you write your weights down when you lift. Tracking is key.
- Go to Google Sheets and create a new sheet.
- Create spots for their name, where you connected, their email, their phone, when you connected, when you talked last, where you are in the conversation, and when you plan on following up.
- Keep the sheet open and look at it daily to know who and when you need to follow up with.
- Watch your business grow by filling the sheet.
- I like to color code to show progress – I do green for the folks who get started and red for the ones who say no. No color means the conversation is still going. Aim for a color, either color means you’re moving forward.